Thursday, March 23, 2006

Art of Nudity - Spencer Tunick

On March, 19 2006, a 1,500 Venezualan posed in full nudity for famous artist Spencer Tunick to portray an art of nude bodies in outdoor environment. For more pictures, click here.




Sometimes I feel like I am an explorer,

sometimes I feel like I am a criminal,
sometimes I feel like I am an artist.
I create my work under very stressful conditions.
While a lot of work done by contemporary artists
is very controversial,
I feel that my nudes are not controversial.
The controversy lies in the fact that
I am using the city as my landscape.
The conditions in which I create my work
are tense, crazed and unpredictable.
My models are urban adventurers.
I assist them in seeing the world in a different way.
I create dreams and I create memories
that they will hold with them forever.

Spencer Tunick
May 30, 1997


4 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Roger Coss said...

I've posed for Spencer 3 times in the USA with my wife(Cleveland, Buffalo, Milford), and again in Lyon, France.
For a better understanding of why we pose, or want to, or to see more of Spencer's works go to the MSN Group "The Spencer Tunick Experience"

http://groups.msn.com/TheSpencerTunickExperience

Roger

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Irzan said...

Hey Jason,

I had just recently got a postcard from Borneo, and I am contemplating that the postcard come from you.

Do return my message with your address for me to return the favour. Makes me feel much warmer inside. ;)

Warm regards,

Irzan.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger jasonjay said...

mr. coss,

thats amazing!, i wish i could do the same ... :)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Roger Coss said...

Our group has moved to a new site,

www.spencertunick.org

Roger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home