Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tattoo - I Did It !!!

YES!!! Yes I did it at last. It has always been my dream to have a tattoo and finally on Tuesday nite last week I got the courage to go to the Ink Industry at Tg. Aru to have it done. Having a tattoo to me means having an art printed on my skin and that's all. Now having it done and it has been a week already I smile everytime I remembered how the whole process really tested my courage and strength to have it tattooed on my lower back.

First I got to select a design. A design I selected was called a triangle which has all the elements of feng shui consisting the wind, water, fire and earth. The wavy pattern signifies the wind as well as water while the colour red symbolises fire and the colour green/brown and black represents the earth.

When the tattoist first started it I got so scared that I almost fainted. They got me a glass of water and it took me 5 or more minutes to gain my composure before continuing the whole process. It was not really the pain that got me into the *fainting state* but the feeling of scare and frightened of the tool used to design the tattoo on the skin.

A tattoo is designed by first outlining the design on the skin. This is the painful part of the whole process as the outlining would need to be done concisely and carefully. Once this is done, filling up the design outlined earlier on with colour follow suit. This is executed untill all the outlines are filled.

The feeling of the tattooing process is synonym when you (a) accidentally hit a hot iron or 100 degree hot boiling water; (b) being sliced by a sharp knife or razor; (c) bites of thousand red ants; or (d) cane by your school teacher just that the cane used had a torn on it. My friend Oben once told me that the tattooing process (the sensation feeling) is much better than sex, but pleaselah very the untrue one!!! However, once you get used the pain in the first 10 minutes you will definitely withstand (I pretend to concentrate reading a magazine - a tattoo magazine!) the whole process (70 minutes depending on tattoo size) and before you know it, it's all done!! (Photos will be posted in a later date after my skin is properly restored to its original texture, tone and smoothness, hehe.)

5 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger josie said...

weeewiittt...congrate on FINALLY having the tatoo...:D show lah the tatoo soon..HURRY!!!! ;)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger jasonjay said...

hehe, I can only afford to smile :) :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Irzan said...

Kamu post pada 18 April, tapi sampai sekarang (29 april) masih belum sembuh lagi kulitnya? Lol.. faster put up the photos!! ;)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger jasonjay said...

suda sembuh mirul .. cuma malu ler nok show show ni ... hehehe

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger 1 said...

You said: "Having a tattoo to me means having an art printed on my skin..."

I read this and couldn't help chuckling. I mean, isn't your body a work of art enough? Or is it not, in which case you feel compelled to resort to tattoos to make your unlovely body seem a tiny bit attractive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home