Thursday, July 06, 2006

FIFA World Cup 2006 - The Arrogant French

Ohh nooo ... not the french again! I was hoping the portugese will win and eventually meet the italian at the World Cup Final. However, as this will be the last apperance of Zinedine Zidane, what a heck. I am hoping the french team to lose as I am placing my bet to the fashionable italians.

Ask my why, I never seem to like the french very much. I had this scar on my skin that the french are arrogant people. They were known to be very patriotic that tourists had a hard time communicating with them in English, unless you know francais then most likely you will be entertained when you have queries and what nots. We were in Spain few years back when our car broke down - we called the AA technicians to fix the car who happened to be French and he refused to help provided we speak in French. Now that tiny incidence stuck into me for a long time even how good they are in football they will never get my support. (although I love ballet, Paris and the french riveira, the french accent, and all the fashion stuff in France, ooopppsss!)

Since this is World Cup and the french are in the Final, here are some pictures of the squad in action. Pictures are courtesy of FIFA World Cup, 2006.

A penalty kick executed by Zidane that brought the squad to meet the Italainos.

Zidane congratulated by Henry.

The goalscorer against Brazil.

A congrats from the Brazilian enroute to the semi-final.

A young fan painted his face with Zidane's nickname.

The french squad during training session in Hameln.

French goalkeepers Coupet and Barthez.

Both red Zizou and Henry during training session.

Philippe Mexes who is also playing for Roma.

Thierry Henry poses with Player of the Season Award in North London.

Djibril Cisse - I like the tattoo what can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home